Aziz Ansari announces first full tour since sexual misconduct allegations


The comedian returns to the road next year

Aziz Ansari has announced his first full tour since sexual misconduct allegations were made against him earlier this year.

The comedian has recently been performing live at shows here and there across the US but had yet to book a full raft of dates.

The ‘Road To Nowhere’ tour will begin in February 2019 at Massachusetts’ Chevalier Theatre before continuing on to 27 other cities, concluding on an as-yet-unconfirmed date in New York. Tickets go on sale at 12pm local time on Friday (November 30). See the full list below.

February 2019

6 – Medford, MA, Chevalier Theatre
7 – Medford, MA, Chevalier Theatre
9 – Mashantucket, CT, Foxwoods Resort Casino
14 – Calgary, AB, Grey Eagle Resort And Casino
15 – Vancouver, BC, Queen Elizabeth Theatre
16 – Denver, CO, The Buell Theatre
21 – Los Angeles, CA, The Orpheum Theatre
24 – San Diego, CA, Copley Symphony Hall

March 2019

5 – Chicago, IL, Chicago Theater
8 – Minneapolis, MN, Cyrus Northrop Memorial Auditorium
9 – Pittsburgh, PA, Heinz Hall
10 – Columbus, OH, Palace Theatre
12 – Portland, OR, Keller Auditorium
14 – Oakland, CA, Paramount Theatre
16 – San Francisco, CA, The Masonic
19 – Seattle, WA, Paramount Theatre
20 – Salt Lake City, UT, Kingsbury Hall
21 – Phoenix, AZ, Comerica Theatre
22 – Reno, NV, Silver Legacy Resort Casino
23 – Las Vegas, NV, The Colosseum at Caesars Palace

April 2019

17 – Memphis, TN, Cannon Center for the Performing Arts
18 – Atlanta, GA, Fox Theatre
20 – Hollywood, FL, Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
24 – Buffalo, NY, The Centre for the Arts At University At Buffalo
25 – Windsor, ON, Caesars Windsor Hotel & Casino
26 – Grand Rapids, MI, DeVos Place
27 – St. Louis, MO, Stifel Theatre
28 – Kansas City, MO, Arvest Bank Theatre at the Midland

May 2019

TBD – New York City, NY

In January, Ansari was accused of sexual misconduct by an anonymous 23-year-old photographer who he had been on a date with. The woman, referred to as “Grace”, claimed he had continued to initiate sexual activity despite her using verbal and non-verbal cues to indicate how uncomfortable she was.

In a statement, Ansari said they had engaged “in sexual activity, which by all indications was completely consensual”, but, after receiving a text from her the next day stating otherwise, he had taken “her words to heart and responded privately after taking the time to process what she had said.”

He first returned to the stage in New York in May and later began performing more regularly in August. According to reports his summer shows were focused on jokes about dating but included no reference to his own #MeToo moment.

Meanwhile, in July, Netflix said they would resume work with Ansari “when [he] is ready.” The platform have spoken about their desire to produce a third season of the comedian’s hit programme Master Of None. However, Ansari himself said last year he would take a “long break” from the show before potentially going “back to it.”



Source link

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*
*

%d bloggers like this: